Talking about Race A peace perspective
Poet, author, speaker and coach Tamara Smiley Hamilton helps people and organizations talk about race and a safe space. Join her as she illuminates the 7 Blocks for Building Bridges. Note that, combined, the first letters of each "block" spell BRIDGES:
During this educational session, you'll discover:
- Bold is not an absence of fear but the power to keep moving toward to your goal regardless
- Receptive is being okay with not knowing all the answers... & receiving different points of view
- Intention is a keen focus on moving forward to close gaps & build connections
- Determination to understand the other before being understood
- Genuine is reflected in commitment to make connections
- Excitement in stumbling... because we grow from mistakes
- Sincere Sensitivity to stories... the narratives of the other
Tamara Smiley Hamilton, MA is a global coach, facilitator and professional speaker. She is the recipient of the James H. Laue Endowment Scholarship from the school of Conflict Analysis and Resolution at George Mason University. This honored award is given to graduate students who continue the peace building work of the late Dr. Laue, a founder of the conflict resolution field. Tamara cans of age during the Watts Rebellion of 1965 and has dedicated her life’s work to building bridges connecting the human spirit.
She uses public speaking as a platform to reach hearts. She is one of seven global finalists for the coveted Accredited Speakers designation from Toastmasters International. Tamara is the founder and CEO of Audacious Coaching LLC. As a diversity and sensitivity coach, she helps senior leaders to transform their thinking about race and inclusion.